Monday 29 July 2013

Review: Britney Spears - Island Fantasy

I have always been a big fan of Britney Spears' fragrances. My personal favourites are Midnight Fantasy and Fantasy.

I personally like sweet fragrances so when I heard about Britney's latest fragrance I had to go and see what it smelt like. 


My first impression of this perfume was that the bottle was beautiful. It is an ombre blue/ green colour with gold gemstones on the bottle which automatically makes me think of summer...

This perfume is more of a fresh smelling tropical fragrance as opposed to a tropical fragrance with coconuts and watermelons (although it is meant to have a watermelon scent to it which I cannot smell). However, I do actually like the fresh scent of the perfume. 


"The scent is announced as a tropical Island getaway, made of floral and fruity aromas. It opens with a cocktail of citruses, mandarin, clementine, red berries and watermelon. Flowers of jasmine, violet and freesia exceed the lower notes of musk and sugar cane"

This fragrance really reminds me of summer and I will be using it as my everyday perfume. I am slightly disappointed that this fragrance doesn't have more of the watermelon scent in it but I was pleasantly surprised when I went to Superdrug and they had the 100ml bottle for £16. 

This is the brands first EDT and to me that is a little bit disappointing as the smell doesn't last as long. However, at the price that I picked it up for I don't mind reapplying it during the day.

If you are thinking of purchasing this perfume I would definitely recommend smelling it in the shop before purchasing it.

RRP 50ml £24, 100ml £34.

What's your favourite Britney Fragrance? Will you be grabbing yours? 

3 comments:

  1. this sounds like such a cute perfume! and the bottle is gorge!
    just followed you on bloglovin' so hopefully you can follow back so we can follow each other!
    http://beau-tify.blogspot.co.uk/
    x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love britney spears fragrances! They smell so sweet.

    www.reanaashley.com

    ReplyDelete