Thursday 26 December 2013

Do you read labels before purchasing products? - Angora Fur Exposé
























Hi guys! 

I have to start by apologising for being M.I.A. I cannot believe that I haven't blogged in over a month! Where has the time gone??! I have been sooo busy with school work etc the time has just flown by. But, I have been working on some posts and I will get them up shortly. Anyways, enough about me this post is going to be a very informative and quite a serious post. I just thought that I would get this info out to anyone that didn't already know.

You may or may not have heard about the recent news and exposé about Angora fur and the treatment of angora rabbits. Earlier this week a video (viewer discretion is advised) surfaced on the internet of undercover footage shot by PETA in China, showing the horrific routine cruelty to angora rabbits whose long soft fur is often used in sweaters and accessories. 

PETA filmed workers who were violently ripping the fur from the animals skin WHILST THEY WERE SCREAMING IN PAIN. After  this horrific violence and suffering, which they have to endure every 3 MONTHS, many of the poor rabbits go into shock and they lay motionless in filthy cages with no solid floor or any bedding for them to sleep on. After 2-5yrs those who have survived are hung upside down and their throats are slit. 

90% of angora fur comes from China, where there are no penalties for the abuse of animals on farms and there are no standards to regulate the treatment of animals. When you buy a sweater, gloves, had or any product that contains angora, the fur is most likely originated in China even if it was assembled elsewhere.

The next time that YOU buy a fur sweater or any other product or even if you are just browsing in a store, PLEASE check the label. If it says angora on the label, just leave the item in the store without buying it. 

This campaign by PETA has already raised awareness, with many companies like ASOS, H&M, Primark and Topshop have all suspended placements of orders using Angora. 

You're probably wondering how you can help these rabbits. The answer to that is you can go to the PETA website and at the bottom of the website you can write a letter to the Chinese government (I won't go into too much detail just scroll down to the bottom of the page and it will tell you what to do :] )

Thank you for reading and I hope that this post was informative. Also I hope you all had a good Christmas and have a Happy New Year! xx

*DISCLAIMER*: The PETA website was used for facts and therefore the text above may be similar.

2 comments:

  1. Eek, that sounds horrific. I had no idea it was that bad. I don't wear fur and, as far as I was aware, Harrods was the only department store in the UK still selling real fur anyway. I'll definitely have a look at the PETA website later.

    IAmLinderella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes i sadly saw this video and was completely horrified! But this how the world makes itself rich. Everyone seems to be all about that "fast money" making scheme. Its horrible the way they leave the rabbits in dirty cages with all sorts of infections. thank you for the post !! xx

    ReplyDelete